|The director RIC-NET stressing a point during the meeting.|
The director of Rwenzori Information Centres Network Mr. Murugahara John Silco together with Miss. Kabugho Robinah on 9th .Oct.2015 met with the BOD of Liberty College of Management and Journalism in Kasese at the college premises to discuss the terms under which RIC-NET was to offer the college radio equipments. This meeting follows an earlier request that was made to RIC-NET by the college management on 20th .August. 2015 asking RIC-NET for support/ partnership towards strengthening their media department for effective information dissemination to communities and skills development among the learners at the training and education centre.
|The college premises.|
Liberty College of Management and Journalism is a product of Liberty Development Foundation (LIDEFO) established in 2004 as a vocational and professional training centre for the youth and adults from underprivileged backgrounds. The college was started in an effort to meet the demand for service. The college has a population of about 340 students of which 36 students are doing journalism. During the meeting, RIC-NET discussed which it was willing to support Liberty College as follows.
· The college should show how RIC-NET as an organization is going to benefit.
· RIC-NET is only willing to offer the equipments on condition that those equipments are going to be college owned not individual owned.
· RIC-NET asked liberty college BOD members whether what is in between them is going to be a short term partnership or. If no, then the college should draw clear guidelines of how their relationship is going to work with RIC-NET.
· RIC-NET is only willing to offer equipments if only Liberty College was also willing to be of help to the community members that RIC-NET supports in terms of availing to them skills like hairdressing, computer training among others.
· RIC-NET is only willing to offer the equipments if Liberty College is willing to observe the conditions onto which RIC-NET have laid down for them to get a radio.
In responding to the conditions that had been put forth by RIC-NET, the BOD of Liberty College said it was;
· Willing to work closely with RIC-NET
· Willing to maintain the partnership that is existing between RIC-NET and Liberty College.
|A simple radio transmitter Liberty College has been using for students' practicals.|
· Willing to support the community RIC-NET serves in terms of the necessary skills.
· Willing to let RIC-NET do the managerial role of the radio as Liberty College does the administrative role.
As the meeting came to an end, RIC-NET asked the director Liberty College to come to the offices of RIC-NET to check to available equipments and see whether they would work out for the college.