Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I THANK RIC-NET FOR MY INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT





Kabugho Harriet
I’m so grateful to the staff and management of Rwenzori Information Centres Network for opportunity to train with you. I am particularly grateful for the technical support and learning that you have given to me.  Without the hands on experience and training by the ICT Officer- Yosia Baluku and Systems Administrator- Charles Asiimwe I would never have acquired the several skills that I have now. Among others I’ve learnt how to use different social media like Skype, twitter, bulk sms, and YouTube. I’ve also learnt networking and computer maintenance and the basics of video capturing and editing. . Also  I thank the Directors of RIC-NET for having availed me chance of conducting my internship from this organization ,a lot has been experienced during my working  and learning  at RIC-NET.
In the bid to boost the human resource capacity in the Rwenzori region and beyond, RIC-NET offers placement opportunities for students to train with them in ICT, administration, information and documentation. During my placement I learnt that RIC-NET is a great institution that is passionate about causing positive impact in the community in it’s different programs and interventions but specifically through the use of ICTs. 

Besides the ICT training I was engaged in field work, where I attended a training innovative methods of effective teaching of English in secondary schools. This was held at Verina gardens in Kasese and specifically targeted teachers of English from selected schools in Kasese and Kabarole districts. From this training I learnt how to facilitate and moderate sessions, and how trainings are conducted. In a related development, I was oriented on how to chair meetings, write minutes, activity reports and news stories. From this I have also been able to improve on my communication, writing and management skills. I am glad I was involved in these activities.
Being at RIC-NET has been a great experience and remarkable time for me in my education. I am certain that the skills and knowledge acquired give me an advantage and confidence to compete for jobs when the time comes. My time here has been of great value I would never take it for granted.
Great thanks go to all the RIC-NET staff for the hospitality, love and support. You were like family to me, I would never wish for another place other than this organization. God bless you.




No comments:

Post a Comment